This week’s post on church search tips on how to search for good NJ churches is really an addendum to last week’s find a church guide. Many people are on a church search in NJ for a variety of reasons. Here are the top reasons we feel people are presently searching for a church in the NJ or NY Metropolitan Area:
Top 4 Reasons for a NJ Church Search
- The church search is taking place because of an impending or recent move to good old New Jersey (are they crazy or just masochists?) For many, part of the stress involved in all that involves moving is searching for a new church family.
- Perhaps the folks are on a spiritual journey looking to find more meaning in this thing we call life, and figure a church search is a way to accomplish this.
- A church search is taking place because the person has had a re-awakening and is now looking to connect with other Christians after avoiding church for years.
- The person involved in a new church search is a church hopper who got ticked off at the pastor, elders, people, music, color of the baptismal robes or all of the above at the last NJ church attended, and are looking for greener pastures elsewhere.
May I speak the truth in love for moment? If you are on a church search on account of one or more of the first 3 reasons given above, why gosh darn, we’d love to have y’all! However, if you fall under ‘church search reason #4’, why don’t we both save ourselves some time and stress and have us help you search for a good Bible believing, Spirit-filled church elsewhere other than Oasis?
Why do I say the above? Well you see, our vision at Oasis is all about compassionately introducing Jesus and His love to tens of thousands of hungry and hurting people here in NJ and all around the world, and chances are you’ll sooner or later end up getting pissed off at at us too for the way we go about fulfilling the Great Commission. So why not part as friends before we end up up giving each other agida, okay? No hard feelings? Great.
How to Search for a New Church
What you can do to help your church search:
- Pray for the Lord’s guidance and wisdom (Prov. 3:5,6; James 1:5) as you Church search
- Google “church search websites and directories” and see what comes up
- Church search by demographic location starting with the towns in your local area.*
- Ask other trusted believers where they go, or what church they would recommend
- Read our previous post on how to find a good NJ church
Over all, if you recently were on a church search in NJ, and have any other tips you would like to offer on how to find a local church, you can help others by sharing them here.
* For example NJ churches in my local area include those towns from Middlesex and Somerset Counties:
- East Brunswick
- Highland Park
- New Brunswick
- North Brunswick
- Old Bridge
- Perth Amboy
- South Amboy
- South Brunswick
- South Plainfield
- South River
Somerset County, NJ
|Basking Ridge Bedminster Belle Mead Bernardsville Blackwells Mills Blawenburg Bloomingdale Bound Brook Bound Brook Junction Bradley Gardens Branchburg Park Bridgepoint Burnt Mills Chimney Rock Clyde Coontown East Millstone Fairview Far Hills Finderne Flagtown||Frankfort Gladstone Greater Cross Roads Green Knoll Griggstown Hamilton Harlingen Higginsville Hillsborough Kingston Lamington Liberty Corner Lyons Madisonville Manville Martinsville Mettler Middlebush Millstone Milltown||Mine Brook Montgomery Mount Bethel Mount Horeb Neshanic Neshanic Station North Branch North Branch Depot North Plainfield Peapack Pill Hill Plainville Pleasantview Pluckemin Pottersville Raritan Rock Mill Rocky Hill Round Top Royce Valley||Sixmile Run Skillman Smalleytown Somerset Somersetin Somerville South Bound Brook South Branch Springdale Sunset Hill Garden Ukrainian Village Van Dorans Mills Vliettown Voorhees Watchung Weston Woodfern Woods Tavern Zarephath Zion|
More About this NJ Church: